The new term and back to school is in full swing. I have had a great summer feeling refreshed and raring to go. It’s an exciting time at Malet Lambert with a newly refurbished school, I feel very fortunate to have this opportunity under the BSF programme. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved in building such an amazing school.
What do I hope this year will bring?
- Completion of my Masters in Education
- Blog and reflect more
- A number of exciting projects in both enterprise and employability start this year
- Most importantly learning and providing students with opportunities
My tips for the new term with new classes
- It’s a fresh start for you and the students. Make sure they are aware of this, forget what has been and gone and move on
- Try something different and innovative, you may be surprised with the result
- If you get the opportunity coach or mentor. This has been one of the best things I have done in the last couple of years and has really improved my teaching
- Think of it from a student’s perspective; is it the same old same old?
- Look at opportunities to bring in the real world or a project into your curriculum
Wishing everyone a successful and enterprising year